We use cookies on this site to enhance your online experience. By continuing to use this site, you agree to accept cookies.


Wills and Estates

The U.S. pour-over will

Most of the U.S. states have, through legislation, allowed for something called the “pour-over will”. Here’s how that works. A person sets up something called a living trust. (Lawyers call this an “inter vivos” trust.) Sometimes that trust is set up with as little as $5, and sometimes the figure is much larger. It is not uncommon, for example, to transfer investment accounts into the trust.

Read More